Karen & Al Callery, Co-Chairs for PacRim 2016, have announced that on January 6, 2016 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at the Bellingham Yacht Club, that they will be holding the initial kick off planning meeting for Team USA and the upcoming race to defend the Team USA title in Nakhodka, Russia.
This meeting is being jointly run the Bellingham Yacht Club and the Bellingham Sister Cities Association. During the meeting, the planning team will be presenting:
- The history of the Pacific Rim Regatta;
- How to become a racing member of Team USA;
- How to be an Ambassador member of Team USA;
- A profile of Nakhodka Russia from Bellingham Sister Cities Nakhodka City Chair, Nina Talbot, who was also raised in Nakhodka;
- Housing for Team USA
- Travel and Visa requirements for Team USA.
This is a great opportunity for you to be a part of building world peace. The original Pacific Rim Regatta was built on promoting peace and understanding between the then Soviet Union and the United States. Since the inception of PacRim in 1988, hundreds of citizen ambassadors and racers from Bellingham and Whatcom County have participated in this bi-annual race and truly have helped build a better world.